New additions to the bookshelf you might like. The piles of unread books are growing faster than I can finish them, but I feel as if I’m surrounded by new and interesting friends.
- A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
- Me Talk Pretty One Day – David Sedaris
- The Essential Kafka – Franz Kafka
- On Writing Well – William Zinsser
- Being and Nothingness – Jean Paul Sartre
I recommend On Writing Well for anyone interested in non-fiction writing; I laugh out loud even as I’m taking notes. For a book where laughter is the main aim, I like David Sedaris. Three editions of the London Review of Books have also arrived since I last posted about new books. If you don’t subscribe, you should.