Today is the 141st post.
It has been a demonstration of how quickly small habits add up. In the last four months of 2020 I wrote 45,022 words, with an average of 331 words per post. Had I written them all on the same subject, I would have the draft of a small novel. In its place there is Dostoevsky, sports writing, Game of Thrones, and friendship.
One of the benefits of this habit has been becoming aware of certain themes in my own thinking; topics I keep returning to; arguments I keep making. Some were expected, some not:
- The ongoing transformation of monetary and fiscal policy (here, here, here, and here)
- The emergence of China (here and here)
- The fragility of common sense (here, here, and here)
- The future of American politics (here and here)
- The importance of ethical and political vision in economic policy making (here)
The blog will not be stopping anytime soon, so please continue to lend me your ears.
Finally, if you have enjoyed what you have been reading, please consider sharing my work on social media or with friends. Thanks!